Urban Dictionary defines Adulting as: “to do grown up things and hold responsibilities such as, a 9-5 job, a mortgage/rent, a car payment, or anything else that makes one think of grown-ups.”
I won’t say how many years have past since I legally became an adult, but I would say it was a big deal. I could vote, I could drive and the world was my oyster. But what I did not know back then was being an adult isn’t all fun. Who knew that with the freedom of taking decisions came the burden of bearing responsibilities!
I had the idea of this blog during a recent chat with the girls where we were talking how easy was it to just go out and shop when the parents were paying for everything. Nowadays, with the thought of shopping comes the thought of saving. I shouldn’t really buy that, do I “really” need a new dress, I’d love a new purse but do i need it. #Adulting happened when Need became > Want.
There are many other signs people!
- Adulting is when all you want to do is sleep in, but there’s a team call at 9 AM.
- Adulting is when you want to watch Game of throne all night long but your body refuses to stay up.
- Adulting is when you wait for the weekend so you can clean up your house.
- Adulting is when a clean house gives you eternal happiness.
- Adulting is when buying groceries is higher priority than buying shoes (how did I get here?!)
Since so many of my friends are in the same boat as me, lets see how many of you agree with me!